Our kitchen redo...Love it!


I'm super excited to FINALLY have our kitchen finished!  If you know me really well, you know that I ADORE the beach.  I was trying to go for a beachy-cottage look.  I painted the walls a really pretty blue/gray/green color called comfort gray.  I love it!  It's really calm and soothing.  I painted our cabinets white and distressed them a bit.  Love how they turned out!  I'm sorry I don't have a before pic, but I can tell you it was a little boring.  I wanted something light and beachy feeling.  We used small tiles from Home Depot that were $.29 a piece.  We had our tile guys place them in a subway formation.  We found a really pretty laminate counter top that was very cost effective and looks great!  It's hard to see in the pic, but the color looks like sand with white speckles in it.  I think they turned out awesome!  We also saved up for our lovely stainless appliance's.  Love the look, I don't like the fingerprints!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new burlap roman shades!  My sweet friends mama made these beautiful shades for me.  She did such a wonderful job!  I think they really pull everything together. We worked really hard on our kitchen.  It has been a work in progress for a long time.  We did everything with a small budget.   Here are a few close up pics.

My beautiful roman shades.  Love them!




Distressed white kitchen cabinet's

Laminate counter top

Subway tiles

Blessings...



2 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Wow Sumer! It's so great! Those burlap shades ARE fantastic and everything looks so fresh and inviting. I've had 3 gallons of Comfort Gray sitting in my garage for at least 6 months...waiting for my master redo. Glad you like it. Really, fabulous job! I want to see it in person!

Busy Little Housewife said...

Thank you Jennifer! You will love Comfort Gray! I'm painting my laundry room with that color as well. I had some left over and I had to use it somewhere else. You can come over anytime my friend! I would love to see your rooms too.