My new favorite wreath for under five dollars...



I wanted some cute wreaths for my windows but didn't want to spend a fortune on them.  I found this super cute wreath on a blog I follow (www.thenester.com).  So, when I found this cute wreath, I had to try it.



All you need is:

Any size wreath (depends on what size you are wanting)  I used a medium size wreath I got from Hobby Lobby.  It was a cheap green styrofoam wreath I got for $3.00 with my 40% coupon.

Large coffee filters (white or brown)  I used white but I'm going to try the natural coffee filters next time for a different look.  I got a few boxes because I didn't know if I would have enough, but I just ended up using one box.  It was about $1.50/box at Walmart.

Ribbon (to hang wreath).  I love Hobby lobby or Michaels for my ribbon.  If it's not on sale wait and use a %40 off coupon.

Hot glue gun


I didn't really know how to get started, so I just started folding the coffee filters in thirds and started gluing.  I just started layering and layering.  It took me about an hour to finish.  I left the back side flat so the wreath would lay flat.  I just glued my ribbon on the back when I finished with the wreath. You can change out your ribbon for different holidays or just pick some really cute ribbon that will match your decor.  For under five dollars you can enjoy this wreath all year long.







Back side of my wreath

No comments: