Backyard garden...



Today while I was planting my tulips, my mind started going every which way thinking about what all I wanted to plant in my Summer garden.  We don't have a very big backyard, so I have be selective in what  plant.  My sweet hubby built me a really nice raised bed for my veggies.  Last year we planted; lettuce, tomato's, peppers, onions, and okra.  We had a small space to work with, so we planted veggies that I knew I would use daily.  Someday, I dream of having a huge garden on our little acreage that I hope to have someday.  My sister-in-law has a garden as big as my house on her land!  I can't wait to have that, but for now I will use the space that I have been blessed with.


I also have a great herb garden in my front yard.  I have herbs and flowers in that bed.  The bed gets great sun that is needed for my herbs.  In that garden, I have lavender, thyme, chives, basel, and mint.  I use my herbs daily for cooking.  I can't tell you how cool it is to go outside and pick fresh veggies and herbs for my family.


It's not to early to start thinking about your garden.  Write down what you want to plant and pick a space in your front or backyard that will get plenty of sun.  We get our vegetables and herbs at our local nursery in Edmond.  We also get all our flowers there too. I find that gardening is very relaxing for me.  I hope you will give it a try.  You will be blessed....

My beautiful mixed greens

I thought I might sneak in a pic of my beautiful pink and purple roses from my front yard


Blessings...



No comments: